Can't play Gods Unchained after installation (Ubuntu 20.04)

I can successfully install Gods Unchained from Lutris website and, while the game is running right after installation, I can play it without any problems. Everything works.

After I close the game and try to play it later, the Immutable.exe will correctly start and I can get to the “lobby”. But when I try to start a match, I just get a black screen. The game crashes on both solo and ranked play. After a bit I get:

Uninstalling and installing it again will solve the issue, for as long as I don’t close the initial installation window.

My problem is similar to this one, although my gu.bat already has the correct contents: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\immutable-launcher-updater\installer.exe.

So I’m kind of lost in how to fix this… Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Got the notification from the other thread, not sure why it hangs, it does still work for me :confused:

I use this config in Lutris:

(The other three tabs are the defaults)
Do you see any if you start Lutris from the Terminal? How to get log file from wine debug information

@mae thanks for replying after my call for help on the other post :angel:

I tried using the same configuration as you (except for fsync, it says my kernel isn’t patched to use fsync). The game crashed as before. But since my machine can run it after installation, it shouldn’t be due to this, right?

Here is the log I get by runing lutris > log.txt:

2022-02-03 23:16:30,598: Running Intel Mesa driver 21.0.3 on Mesa Intel(R) UHD Graphics (CML GT2) (0x9bc4)
2022-02-03 23:16:30,598: GPU: 10DE:1F95 1028:097D (nouveau drivers)
2022-02-03 23:16:30,598: GPU:   (evdi drivers)
2022-02-03 23:16:30,598: GPU:   (evdi drivers)
2022-02-03 23:16:30,599: GPU: 8086:9BC4 1028:097D (i915 drivers)
2022-02-03 23:16:30,599: GPU:   (evdi drivers)
2022-02-03 23:16:30,599: GPU:   (evdi drivers)
2022-02-03 23:16:40,440: Unable to load libGLX_nvidia.so.0
2022-02-03 23:16:40,440: Unable to locate libGLX_nvidia
Started initial process 149935 from gamemoderun /home/micael/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-fshack-6.21-6-x86_64/bin/wine cmd /C gu.bat
Start monitoring process.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/$LIB/libgamemodeauto.so.0' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/$LIB/libgamemodeauto.so.0' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
esync: up and running.
MESA-INTEL: warning: Performance support disabled, consider sysctl dev.i915.perf_stream_paranoid=0

MESA-INTEL: warning: Performance support disabled, consider sysctl dev.i915.perf_stream_paranoid=0

C:\>C:\users\micael\AppData\Local\immutable-launcher-updater\installer.exe 

Initial process has exited (return code: 0)

no inode matches 4

Monitored process exited.
Exit with return code 0
2022-02-03 23:18:24,591: Game still running (state: running)
2022-02-03 23:18:24,591: Stopping Gods Unchained (wine)

One thing I noticed that is different, is that when I’m installing the game this little lutris console pops up:

But after installation, that little console never pops up again. I don’t know if it has anything to do with it as I had never used lutris before.

On the screenshot it says it’s still installing, but I was already playing at that point.

I also tried to run the game with lutris -d flag to get more info, this is the result:

INFO     2022-02-03 23:22:09,266 [startup.check_driver:61]:Running Intel Mesa driver 21.0.3 on Mesa Intel(R) UHD Graphics (CML GT2) (0x9bc4)
INFO     2022-02-03 23:22:09,266 [startup.check_driver:73]:GPU: 10DE:1F95 1028:097D (nouveau drivers)
INFO     2022-02-03 23:22:09,266 [startup.check_driver:73]:GPU:   (evdi drivers)
INFO     2022-02-03 23:22:09,266 [startup.check_driver:73]:GPU:   (evdi drivers)
INFO     2022-02-03 23:22:09,266 [startup.check_driver:73]:GPU: 8086:9BC4 1028:097D (i915 drivers)
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:09,499 [lutriswindow.update_store:451]:Showing 1 games
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,028 [displayconfig.get_current_resolution:624]:Retrieving current resolution
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,028 [prefix.set_virtual_desktop:190]:Enabling wine virtual desktop with default resolution of 2560x1440
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,036 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/dxgi.dll with DXVK version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,037 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3d11.dll with DXVK version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,038 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3d10core.dll with DXVK version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,038 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3d9.dll with DXVK version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,039 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/dxgi.dll with DXVK version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,039 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3d11.dll with DXVK version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,040 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3d10core.dll with DXVK version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,041 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3d9.dll with DXVK version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,041 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3d12.dll with VKD3D version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,042 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/nvapi64.dll with DXVK-NVAPI version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,042 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/nvml.dll with DXVK-NVAPI version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,042 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/nvapi.dll with DXVK-NVAPI version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,042 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/nvml.dll with DXVK-NVAPI version
ERROR    2022-02-03 23:22:18,042 [nvidia.get_nvidia_glx_path:42]:Unable to load libGLX_nvidia.so.0
WARNING  2022-02-03 23:22:18,042 [nvidia.get_nvidia_dll_path:90]:Unable to locate libGLX_nvidia
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,043 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dcompiler_42.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,043 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dcompiler_43.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,043 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dcompiler_46.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,043 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dcompiler_47.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,043 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx10_33.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,043 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx10_34.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,043 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx10_35.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,043 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx10_36.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,043 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx10_37.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,043 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx10_38.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,044 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx10_39.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,044 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx10_40.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,044 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx10_41.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,044 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx10_42.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,044 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx10_43.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,044 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx10.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,044 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx11_42.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,044 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx11_43.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,045 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx9_24.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,045 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx9_25.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,045 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx9_26.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,045 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx9_27.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,045 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx9_28.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,045 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx9_29.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,045 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx9_30.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,045 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx9_31.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,045 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx9_32.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,045 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx9_33.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,045 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx9_34.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,045 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx9_35.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,046 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx9_36.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,046 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx9_37.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,046 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx9_38.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,046 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx9_39.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,046 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx9_40.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,046 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx9_41.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,046 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx9_42.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,046 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/system32/d3dx9_43.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,046 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dcompiler_42.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,046 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dcompiler_43.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,046 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dcompiler_46.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,047 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dcompiler_47.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,047 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx10_33.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,047 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx10_34.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,047 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx10_35.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,047 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx10_36.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,047 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx10_37.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,047 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx10_38.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,047 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx10_39.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,047 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx10_40.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,047 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx10_41.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,047 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx10_42.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,047 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx10_43.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,047 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx10.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,047 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx11_42.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,048 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx11_43.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,048 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx9_24.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,048 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx9_25.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,048 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx9_26.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,048 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx9_27.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,048 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx9_28.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,048 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx9_29.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,048 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx9_30.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,048 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx9_31.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,048 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx9_32.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,048 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx9_33.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,048 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx9_34.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,049 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx9_35.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,049 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx9_36.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,049 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx9_37.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,049 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx9_38.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,049 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx9_39.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,049 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx9_40.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,049 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx9_41.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,049 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx9_42.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,049 [dll_manager.enable_dll:131]:Replacing /home/micael/Games/gods-unchained/drive_c/windows/syswow64/d3dx9_43.dll with D3D Extras version
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,075 [command.start:139]:DISABLE_LAYER_AMD_SWITCHABLE_GRAPHICS_1="1"
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,075 [command.start:139]:SDL_VIDEO_FULLSCREEN_DISPLAY="off"
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,075 [command.start:139]:DRI_PRIME="1"
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,075 [command.start:139]:LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/micael/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-fshack-6.21-6-x86_64/lib:/home/micael/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-fshack-6.21-6-x86_64/lib64:/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:/lib/i386-linux-gnu:/lib/i386-linux-gnu/i686/sse2:/lib/i386-linux-gnu/sse2:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfakeroot:/lib:/lib64:/lib32:/lib64:/usr/lib:/usr/lib64:/usr/lib32:/usr/lib64:/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:/home/micael/.local/share/lutris/runtime/Ubuntu-18.04-i686:/home/micael/.local/share/lutris/runtime/steam/i386/lib/i386-linux-gnu:/home/micael/.local/share/lutris/runtime/steam/i386/lib:/home/micael/.local/share/lutris/runtime/steam/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu:/home/micael/.local/share/lutris/runtime/steam/i386/usr/lib:/home/micael/.local/share/lutris/runtime/Ubuntu-18.04-x86_64:/home/micael/.local/share/lutris/runtime/steam/amd64/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:/home/micael/.local/share/lutris/runtime/steam/amd64/lib:/home/micael/.local/share/lutris/runtime/steam/amd64/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:/home/micael/.local/share/lutris/runtime/steam/amd64/usr/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,075 [command.start:139]:WINEDEBUG="-all"
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,075 [command.start:139]:WINEARCH="win64"
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,075 [command.start:139]:WINE="/home/micael/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-fshack-6.21-6-x86_64/bin/wine"
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,075 [command.start:139]:GST_PLUGIN_SYSTEM_PATH_1_0="/home/micael/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-fshack-6.21-6-x86_64/lib64/gstreamer-1.0/:/home/micael/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-fshack-6.21-6-x86_64/lib/gstreamer-1.0/"
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,075 [command.start:139]:WINEPREFIX="/home/micael/Games/gods-unchained"
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,076 [command.start:139]:WINEESYNC="1"
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,076 [command.start:139]:WINEFSYNC="0"
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,076 [command.start:139]:DXVK_NVAPIHACK="0"
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,076 [command.start:139]:WINEDLLOVERRIDES="d3d10core,d3d11,d3d12,d3d9,d3dcompiler_42,d3dcompiler_43,d3dcompiler_46,d3dcompiler_47,d3dx10,d3dx10_33,d3dx10_34,d3dx10_35,d3dx10_36,d3dx10_37,d3dx10_38,d3dx10_39,d3dx10_40,d3dx10_41,d3dx10_42,d3dx10_43,d3dx11_42,d3dx11_43,d3dx9_24,d3dx9_25,d3dx9_26,d3dx9_27,d3dx9_28,d3dx9_29,d3dx9_30,d3dx9_31,d3dx9_32,d3dx9_33,d3dx9_34,d3dx9_35,d3dx9_36,d3dx9_37,d3dx9_38,d3dx9_39,d3dx9_40,d3dx9_41,d3dx9_42,d3dx9_43,dxgi,nvapi,nvapi64,nvml=n;winemenubuilder="
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,076 [command.start:139]:WINE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE="1"
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,076 [command.start:139]:game_name="Gods Unchained"
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,076 [command.start:139]:PYTHONPATH="/usr/lib/lutris:/usr/games:/usr/lib/python38.zip:/usr/lib/python3.8:/usr/lib/python3.8/lib-dynload:/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages:/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/when_changed-0.3.0-py3.8.egg:/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/watchdog-2.1.6-py3.8-linux-x86_64.egg:/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages"
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:22:18,076 [command.start:139]:LUTRIS_GAME_UUID="b004fea3-9e56-40c6-8fca-aaf3fd491992"
Started initial process 157332 from gamemoderun /home/micael/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-fshack-6.21-6-x86_64/bin/wine cmd /C gu.bat
Start monitoring process.
esync: up and running.

C:\>C:\users\micael\AppData\Local\immutable-launcher-updater\installer.exe 

Initial process has exited (return code: 0)

no inode matches 4

Monitored process exited.
Exit with return code 0
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:28:10,252 [command.on_stop:193]:Process 157330 has terminated with code 0
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:28:18,269 [game.beat:588]:Game thread stopped
WARNING  2022-02-03 23:28:18,269 [game.on_game_quit:614]:Game still running (state: running)
INFO     2022-02-03 23:28:18,269 [game.stop:599]:Stopping Gods Unchained (wine)
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:28:18,270 [game.stop_game:554]:Gods Unchained (wine) has run for 360 seconds
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:28:18,285 [game.on_game_quit:632]:Gods Unchained stopped at qui, 03 fev 2022 23:28:18
DEBUG    2022-02-03 23:28:18,285 [game.save:257]:Saving Gods Unchained (wine) with config ID gods-unchained-0137-autoupdate-1643928170

Have you tried to run this?

Also looks like you are missing a library: /usr/$LIB/libgamemodeauto.so.0

Just standard question, do you have all updates applied in your system? sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade?

No sure if the nVidia messages have something to do with your problem. Maybe you could try to update the drivers too, my laptop doesnt have a video card, only the builtin in the processor.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I was away from the computer during the weekend.

Thanks for the suggestions! Unfortunately, they did not work :cry:
I tried everything: updating, uninstalling lutris and wine, reinstalling back again, nothing works.

But I’m thinking that more likely this has to do with how the game is launched. Because if the game is installing, everything works. From there on, it does not work anymore.

So my machine is capable of and has the correct dependencies installed because it runs the game the first time it starts. Only after the second time it stops working. Or maybe something is stored inside the game folder while playing that then breaks the next time I play it?

Am I doing the right line of taught here?

Not sure what is wrong then :confused: Are you sure that the reinstall didn’t overwrote the .bat file path?

No, the .bat file is as expected :confused:

In fact, I just had to buy an external hard drive so that I can boot windows through an external disk so that I can play this game :sweat_smile:

It bothers me that I couldn’t fix it, but at least I now have a workaround. Thanks for your help!