Can't make GoG and EGS to install properly

Hi,

Manjaro KDE fresh install, up to date. I have an error with both launchers where during the install process, their folders disppear and i have a wine prefix error. For example, with GoG:
Invalid Wine prefix path /mnt/media/Games/Lutris/gog-galaxy, make sure to create the prefix before saving to a registry
I have the same error with EGS.
I’m a fairly new Linux user and I don’t know what to do. Google didn’t gave so much help.

Please help me!

Take a look at the script that is run when Wine starts the game. In there you will find commands to set aliases for the Windows paths. There might be a path you need to include in the list.

Hi,

Thanks a lot. And sorry for the delayed answer. I managed to install minigalaxy, so GoG is not a problem anymore. I have still the same issue with epic games store though.

At the end of the installation process, i have this message:

BlockquoteThe executable at path /mnt/media/Games/Lutris/epic-games-store/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Epic Games/Launcher/Portal/Binaries/Win32/EpicGamesLauncher.exe can’t be found, please check the destination folder.
Some parts of the installation process may have not completed successfully.

So my problem seems to be that the install process doesn’t install the.exe. Plus there is nothing (at all) where the launcher should be installed…

Thanks a lot for your help.

HI,

The problem you have is the same I encountered, in PlayOnLinux, but have not solved. I spent a lot of time on it but could not find why the alias was failing. The problem is that your exe file path name is probably correct but Wine needs an alias for it:
/mnt/media/Games/Lutris/epic-games-store/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Epic Games/Launcher/Portal/Binaries/Win32/EpicGamesLauncher.exe

I suggest you look through the log which is automatically generated when you run Wine, and compare the commands that worked with the commands that failed. You might find paths that work or work not, which can show which paths are not being aliased.

Sorry can not help you more. Please let me know if you solve it.
JT