Can't install vcrun2015 from Lutris Winetricks

Wine staging 2.21 x86_64
Arch Linux x86_64 NVIDIA Geforce 980M

This problem happens when trying to install vcrun2015 or 2017 from Lutris’s winetricks.
Please guide me through the process of troubleshooting.

Using winetricks 20171222-next - sha256sum: 01ebb56d22f54467343700eedfe283d82a47e67bbb6c2d68b7da743f41bb78a3 with wine-2.21 (Staging) and WINEARCH=win64

** (zenity:10214): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
Gtk-Message: GtkDialog mapped without a transient parent. This is discouraged.

** (zenity:10229): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

** (zenity:10990): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

(zenity:10990): Gtk-WARNING **: Allocating size to GtkDialog 0x561838f24350 without calling gtk_widget_get_preferred_width/height(). How does the code know the size to allocate?
Executing w_do_call vcrun2015
Executing load_vcrun2015 
------------------------------------------------------
Working around wine bug 37781 

** (zenity:11031): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
This option is not available. Please see --help for all possible usages.
This may fail in non-XP mode, see https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=37781

** (zenity:11037): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
Using native,builtin override for following DLLs: api-ms-win-crt-conio-l1-1-0 api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0 api-ms-win-crt-locale-l1-1-0 api-ms-win-crt-math-l1-1-0 api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0 api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0 api-ms-win-crt-time-l1-1-0 atl140 concrt140 msvcp140 msvcr140 ucrtbase vcomp140 vcruntime140
Executing /home/kudy/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/staging-2.21-x86_64/bin/wine regedit /S C:\windows\Temp\_vcrun2015\override-dll.reg
fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging 2.21 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
fixme:winediag:start_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe"
err:wineboot:ProcessRunKeys Error running cmd L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe -a -r" (2)
err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead.
err:winediag:xrandr12_init_modes Broken NVIDIA RandR detected, falling back to RandR 1.0. Please consider using the Nouveau driver instead.
Executing /home/kudy/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/staging-2.21-x86_64/bin/wine64 regedit /S C:\windows\Temp\_vcrun2015\override-dll.reg
Setting Windows version to winxp
Executing /home/kudy/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/staging-2.21-x86_64/bin/wine regedit /S C:\windows\Temp\_vcrun2015\set-winver.reg
Executing /home/kudy/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/staging-2.21-x86_64/bin/wine64 regedit /S C:\windows\Temp\_vcrun2015\set-winver.reg
Running /home/kudy/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/staging-2.21-x86_64/bin/wineserver -w. This will hang until all wine processes in prefix=/home/kudy/.wine64 terminate

** (zenity:11108): WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
Executing cd /home/kudy/.cache/winetricks/vcrun2015
Executing /home/kudy/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/staging-2.21-x86_64/bin/wine vc_redist.x86.exe /q
fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging 2.21 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
fixme:winediag:start_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe"
err:wineboot:ProcessRunKeys Error running cmd L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe -a -r" (2)
err:winediag:gnutls_initialize failed to load libgnutls, no support for encryption
fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0 stub
err:winediag:gnutls_initialize failed to load libgnutls, no support for encryption
fixme:advapi:DecryptFileW (L"C:\\users\\kudy\\Temp\\{74d0e5db-b326-4dae-a6b2-445b9de1836e}\\", 00000000): stub
err:wincodecs:PngDecoder_CreateInstance Failed reading PNG because unable to find libpng12.so.0
fixme:shell:SHAutoComplete stub
Note: command /home/kudy/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/staging-2.21-x86_64/bin/wine vc_redist.x86.exe /q returned status 5. Aborting.

Hi,
Try to install all these optional dependency mentioned here:
https://www.gloriouseggroll.tv/how-to-get-out-of-wine-dependency-hell/

You will need to switch on multilib in your pacman.conf’

(Thanks cxf for providing me with that hint) :smiley:

1 Like

I installed wine-staging and winetricks outside like in your link, and it installed vcrun2015 well !!
But this is the wine I install in pacman, not the one Lutris downloaded itself.
The wine coming with lutris seems to have the problem. Your solutions did not work with it.

Now after installing all those libs, I cannot even install xna40 and dotnet40 which I could do before.

Hi,

Please try to switch the Windowsversion to something higher than 7.
Addiotionally please tell me what you are up for. Which game or software you are supposed to run there?

Does it tell you an error message, if you try to install xna40 and dotnet40?

UPDATE: I can install xna40 and dotnet40 by calling winetricks in the terminal, NOT lutris right click winetricks. Yes I’m installing those two for Stardew Valley game.
Same for libretro, I cannot call retroarch from lutris, but I have to install retroarch and copy the binary and replace the retroarch runner in lutris folder only then I can call from lutris.
Summing up, calling winetricks in lutris won’t let me install xna40 and dotnet40.
What I’m trying is try to play all the system to see if Lutris is good.