Can't connect to GOG

I have a fresh install of Lutris on the Steam Deck. I am trying to connect to GOG.
When I click the Connect button next to GOG, nothing happens. No popup, nothing. Epic popup seems to work.

–submit-ticket output:

Debug output:

1 Like

that seems to be a flatpak version problem.
I had the same issue with my notebook today.
De-installed the flatpak, used the .deb version instead. Workes!

1 Like

Same happened to me yesterday, Lunux Mint 21.2, fresh Flatpak install.

Clicking Connect on Gog does nothing.

Same here.

Flatpak 1.14.4

Fresh kubuntu 23.04 install

** (lutris:2): WARNING **: 20:23:25.864: Failed to load shared library 'libwebkit2gtk-4.1.so.0' referenced by the typelib: /app/lib/libudev.so.1: version `LIBUDEV_247' not found (required by /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgudev-1.0.so.0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/app/lib/python3.10/site-packages/lutris/gui/widgets/sidebar.py", line 202, in on_connect_clicked
    self.service.login(parent=self.get_toplevel())
  File "/app/lib/python3.10/site-packages/lutris/services/base.py", line 359, in login
    dialog = WebConnectDialog(self, parent)
  File "/app/lib/python3.10/site-packages/lutris/gui/dialogs/webconnect_dialog.py", line 23, in __init__
    self.context = WebKit2.WebContext.new()
gi.repository.GLib.GError: g-invoke-error-quark: Could not locate webkit_web_context_new: 'webkit_web_context_new': /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libjavascriptcoregtk-4.1.so.0: undefined symbol: webkit_web_context_new (1)

Some pointers would be appreciated

Same here. Installed flathub version yesterday, GOG login window doesn’t show up. EPIC seems fine. I’m on Batocera 37, I don’t think I can install Lutris from any other source than flathub. Maybe later I’ll try my luck with the sources, but I don’t give it much chances.

Yes, I have the same problem with my flatpak install, can also add that itch.io integration is broken in the exact same way.

I started having the same issue yesterday on my steam deck. I was installing a game yesterday morning and the whole gog website went down during the install. When it came back up about an hour later I noticed I couldn’t connect to gog anymore. I don’t have this issue with Heroic but prefer using lutris over Heroic. There are several people on the r/SteamDeck subreddit that are saying they have the same issue.

I’m having the same issue with Ubuntu Mate 22.04 using Flatpak. I also have a Fedora 38 Cinnamon install on another machine that I’m messing around with and it has the same issue.

Same issue with a clean Steam OS installation, button doesn’t work after the first click

I had the same issues when trying to use the flatpak version. Use the .deb version instead, it works like a charm.

Can you please provide a step-by-step guide which doesn’t assume prior Linux / terminal experience? That would be most helpful and appreciated :pray:t2:

What distro are you using?

Sorry, should have mentioned this previously. I’m using a Steam Deck, so SteamOS. This is the guide I’m trying to use: Reddit - Dive into anything

Try using this guide: Download Lutris

1 Like