Cannot start Epic Game Launcher with the new installer

Hello I have found 2 installer for Epic Game Launcher / Fortnite:

https://lutris.net/games/epic-games-launcher/

and

https://lutris.net/games/fortnite/

But none of them are working: epic game launcher dont start, even if I enable “Disable process monitor”

Can someone help me debug my lutris?

Thanks

1 Like

I’m experiencing this as well. Hopefully someone who has any idea about this might have some tips :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have this following error in the last’s game log:

wine: cannot find L"C:\windows\system32\winemenubuilder.exe"

Any idea?

1 Like

I have uninstalled and installed epic game launcher severals time and now I have this log:

Blockquote No protocol specified
LogWindowsTextInputMethodSystem: Error: Initialization failed while advising the profile notification sink to the TSF source. (0x80004001)
No protocol specified
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Old/DashedBorder.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/cursor_grab.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/cursor_cardinal_cross.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/TrashCan.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/TrashCan_Small.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/Cross_12x.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/denied_16x.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/icon_error_16x.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/icon_help_16x.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/icon_info_16x.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/icon_warning_16x.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/icon_Downloads_16x.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Old/Menu_Background.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/icon_undo_16px.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/icon_redo_16px.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/Edit/icon_Edit_Copy_16x.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/Edit/icon_Edit_Cut_16x.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/Edit/icon_Edit_Delete_16x.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/Edit/icon_Edit_Paste_16x.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/Edit/icon_Edit_Duplicate_16x.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/PlusSymbol_12x.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/Cross_12x.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/ellipsis_12x.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Old/DashedBorder.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Old/Menu_Background.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Old/ToolTip_Background.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Old/Border.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/eyedropper_16px.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/icon_generic_toolbar.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/icon_generic_toolbar.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/icon_tab_toolbar_16px.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/toolbar_expand_16x.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Old/Button.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/icon_tab_toolbar_16px.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/toolbar_expand_16x.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Old/Button.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Old/Menu_Background_Inverted_Border_Bold.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Old/Notification_Border_Flash.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/notificationlist_success.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/notificationlist_fail.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Docking/OuterDockingIndicator.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Docking/OuterDockingIndicator.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Docking/DockingIndicator_Center.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Docking/DockingIndicator_Center.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Tutorials/TutorialBorder.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Tutorials/TutorialShadow.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/icon_tab_WidgetReflector_16x.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/icon_tab_WidgetReflector_40x.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/icon_tab_WidgetReflector_40x.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/MessageLog/Log_Error.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/MessageLog/Log_Warning.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/MessageLog/Log_Note.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/BackIcon.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/NextIcon.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Docking/CloseApp_Hovered.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Docking/CloseApp_Hovered.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Docking/CloseApp_Pressed.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/Empty_14x.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Icons/Empty_14x.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Docking/ShowTabwellButton_Normal.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Docking/ShowTabwellButton_Hovered.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Docking/ShowTabwellButton_Pressed.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Docking/CloseApp_Normal.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Docking/CloseApp_Pressed.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Docking/Tab_Inactive.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Docking/Tab_Active.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Docking/Tab_ColorOverlay.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Docking/Tab_ColorOverlayIcon.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Docking/Tab_Foreground.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Docking/Tab_Hovered.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Docking/TabContentArea.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Docking/CloseApp_Normal.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Docking/AppTab_Inactive.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Docking/AppTab_Active.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Docking/AppTab_ColorOverlay.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Docking/AppTab_ColorOverlayIcon.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Docking/AppTab_Foreground.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Docking/AppTab_Hovered.png’ error.
LogStreaming: Warning: Failed to read file ‘…/…/…/Engine/Content/Slate/Docking/AppTabContentArea.png’ error.
No protocol specified
LogWindows: Error: === Critical error: ===
LogWindows: Error:
LogWindows: Error: Fatal error!
LogWindows: Error: Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000000
LogWindows: Error: 0x0000000000000000
LogWindows: Error: 0x000000000327F280
LogWindows: Error: 0x0000000005FCD040
LogWindows: Error: 0x0000000000947CB0
LogWindows: Error: 0x00000000FFFFF698
No protocol specified

Maybe this will help?

1 Like

Same issue did u find a fix yet?

i have the same problem

Hey! Same problem here, I am trying to get it work but i cant.

I have read that i have to install d3dcompile_43 but didnt work.

Any clue?

My sons is dying to play fortnite in linux. ( i dont want to install fucking windows in my computer)

Have a look at the other threads, Fortnite does not work under Linux. BR afaik never did, STW is said to have stopped working with the last patch. Epic blocks Linux.