Can you add Windows games that have already been installed?

Hello, I hope my question is not too noob. I did look around the forums but did not find an answer. My games are on two separate NTFS drives - one HDD and one SSD. Is it possible, that instead of installing the games on my Linux drive, I just add them from the NTFS drives?

Yes, you can even set the default Games folder to be on one of those NTFS drives. (Preferences > Main Game Folder)

So all I have to do is add the Steam folder to Lutris and it will detect the games inside?

I have plenty of games already installed. Lutrus detected them automatically. just goto preferances then tell it to import your wine steam windows games. You will need to close and relaunch lutris as it won’t update until the next restart.

Hi, guys. Just wanted to thank you - all I did was add my game folders to Wine Steam, synced, restarted Lutris and all games appeared. However I am unsure if Lutris automatically applies the game scripts from the website. For example Fallout 4 gives me a black screen after the launcher, even though it’s supposed to be able to run ok-ish on the latest Wine version. Am I missing something here?

I have exactly the same question as mao_dze_dun, can anyone let us know please?

In the Lutris window, just hit the + (Add Game) and follow the dialog that opens to supply the info like runner, game executable, working dir, wine prefix etc.

Edit: Of course you have to have those NTFS drives mounted. Mine has been added to my /etc/fstab with:
/dev/sda4 /win ntfs-3g uid=1017,gid=100,fmask=111,dmask=000 1 0

I am attempting to do the same thing (load existing games from an Windows 10 drive into Lutris) but the requires steps are unclear to me.

I have:

• Set Preferences > System Options > Default installation folder to point to the root of my Windows 10 NVME drive (/media/<username>/8CD8A7CED8A7B4BC) based on…

“… you can even set the default Games folder to be on one of those NTFS drives. (Preferences > Main Game Folder)”

• Tried to sync games via Import > Steam for Windows > Sync all games at startup (list always empty even after close / reopen Lutris) based on …
    • “… Lutrus detected them automatically. just goto preferances then tell it to import your wine steam windows games.”
    • “… all I did was add my game folders to Wine Steam, synced, restarted Lutris and all games appeared.”
  • Clicked the Synchronize Library button (which appears to be strictly for Lutris account but tried anyway)
  • Closed / reopened Lutris after almost every step

Other than a spinning cursor when Lutris loads up nothing has changed in the interface. No games detected, etc. Obviously I’m missing something here or making a mistake with my attempts.

Most comments make it sound like it’s automatic but this makes it sound like it all has to be manually done for each game…

“In the Lutris window, just hit the + (Add Game) and follow the dialog that opens to supply the info like runner, game executable, working dir, wine prefix etc.”

1 Like