Back to the main site

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered / Infinite Warfare

Hello everyone! Has anyone managed to make Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered / Infinite Warfare work with Lutris and/or proton? I saw this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR-jDoTT5V4 and managed to get a cracked copy to start and play but with awful performance even though I have a i7 6700k, GTX 1070, 16gb ram, ssd. So once I got the cracked version to work I tried to do the same setup with my steam version and could not get it to start.

I can get rid of the memory popup error using the config file for players2 folder but I still see what seems to be the memory error in the logs complaining about not having enough memory.

So can anyone help out or can share their full working config, what needs to be installed, windows version to use etc…?

Thank you!

System page size: 4096
Could not find page for trampoline in +/- 2GB range of function to hook
Error allocating trampoline memory (no memory within +/-2gb? prior failures?)
[0607/012014.106:ERROR:registration_protocol_win.cc(84)] TransactNamedPipe: Broken pipe. (0x6D)
[0607/012014.160:INFO:crash_reporting.cc(242)] Crash reporting enabled for process: browser
[0607/012014.372:ERROR:network_change_notifier_win.cc(156)] WSALookupServiceBegin failed with: 0
[0607/012014.627:ERROR:registration_protocol_win.cc(56)] CreateFile: File not found. (0x2)
[0607/012014.627:INFO:crash_reporting.cc(242)] Crash reporting enabled for process: gpu-process
[0607/012014.881:ERROR:angle_platform_impl.cc(47)] populateRenderer11DeviceCaps(900): Error querying driver version from DXGI Adapter.
[0607/012021.289:ERROR:registration_protocol_win.cc(56)] CreateFile: File not found. (0x2)
[0607/012021.290:INFO:crash_reporting.cc(242)] Crash reporting enabled for process: renderer
[0607/012023.011:ERROR:registration_protocol_win.cc(56)] CreateFile: File not found. (0x2)
[0607/012023.012:INFO:crash_reporting.cc(242)] Crash reporting enabled for process: renderer
[0607/012029.626:WARNING:cert_verify_proc_win.cc(104)] Unknown error -2146762482 mapped to net::ERR_FAILED
[0607/012029.803:ERROR:registration_protocol_win.cc(56)] CreateFile: File not found. (0x2)
[0607/012029.804:INFO:crash_reporting.cc(242)] Crash reporting enabled for process: gpu-process
System page size: 4096
Could not find page for trampoline in +/- 2GB range of function to hook
Error allocating trampoline memory (no memory within +/-2gb? prior failures?)
Caught signal 15
2019-06-07 01:23:39,979: Unable to read stat for process 17451
2019-06-07 01:23:39,979: Unable to read stat for process 17451
2019-06-07 01:23:39,980: Unable to read stat for process 17451
2019-06-07 01:23:39,980: Unable to read stat for process 17451
passing along signal to PID 17451
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/bin/lutris-wrapper”, line 130, in
main()
File “/usr/bin/lutris-wrapper”, line 103, in main
returncode = subprocess.run(args).returncode
File “/usr/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py”, line 474, in run
stdout, stderr = process.communicate(input, timeout=timeout)
File “/usr/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py”, line 931, in communicate
self.wait()
File “/usr/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py”, line 990, in wait
return self._wait(timeout=timeout)
File “/usr/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py”, line 1624, in _wait
(pid, sts) = self._try_wait(0)
File “/usr/lib/python3.7/subprocess.py”, line 1582, in _try_wait
(pid, sts) = os.waitpid(self.pid, wait_flags)
File “/usr/bin/lutris-wrapper”, line 95, in sig_handler
os.kill(child.pid, signum)
ProcessLookupError: [Errno 3] No such process

Note that depending on the settings I try the logs are a lot different except for the part about trampoline which seems to be constantly there.

After more testing it seems that was not the cause, and that the actual error is somewhere else in the logs which seems to be now with many wine versions: https://pastebin.com/10mi9gRD

After barely sleeping, lots of reading, some luck and not doing much else for the weekend I got it working! Still need to make it run a little better but basically I used the prefix created by steam in lutris and made some changes from there, and since I tried so many things to get it to start the details are a little foggy in my head, I will share what I can once I know for sure!

Any updates on this? We would all appreciate it!

Sorry I have not been around lately… So I did manage to get the SP to work, MP I tried the same settings then a tried for 2 weeks to get it to work, the MP starts but the fps goes from 60 to 5 to 20 to 10 to 40… And no it is not due to the shader cache, I left the game running for hours just to see what would happen, and I could not figure it out.

Also: I managed to get it to work using the prefix created by lutris at some point but I messed it up so I used the prefix created by steam/proton. Not sure what is installed on it by steam but basically I went into …/steamapps/compatdata/393080/ and pointed lutris to the pfx folder there, then tried to get it to work from there.

Here are my settings, note that I am no expert, this was all done by trials and errors, there might be a lot of useless changes in there, also note that the first time you boot the game the shader cache needs to build (the one set in lutris and probably the one in CoD), so wait 5-10-15 min depending on your pc in the menus for things to settle, you can always adjust the game settings during that time but the first startup you’ll think the game runs like crap.

With an i7 6700k, 16gb ram, ssd, gtx1070 running on arcolinux (based on arch) I got over 100 fps with mostly everything set to max in-game (there are 1 or 2 settings that are really heavy on the game that I lowered I don’t remember exactly which ones).

Hope that helps, sorry to be fuzzy on some details it’s been a month I haven’t touched any pc games, I was busy hacking and playing my switch :slight_smile: