Back to the main site

Battlenet stops with installing at 0%

Hello all,

I’m having issues installing battlenet, from the wow install script. My OS is pop_os!. I followed the instructions of the dependencies:

[Wine dependencies]:

sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386

wget -nc https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/winehq.key

sudo apt-key add winehq.key

sudo add-apt-repository ‘deb https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu/ focal main’

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install --install-recommends winehq-staging

sudo apt-get install libgnutls30:i386 libldap-2.4-2:i386 libgpg-error0:i386 libxml2:i386 libasound2-plugins:i386 libsdl2-2.0-0:i386 libfreetype6:i386 libdbus-1-3:i386 libsqlite3-0:i386

[DXVK]:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa

sudo apt update

sudo apt install nvidia-driver-440 libnvidia-gl-440 libnvidia-gl-440:i386

sudo apt install libvulkan1 libvulkan1:i386sudo reboot

Then when installing through lutris I have the following logs:

Running /home/REMOVED/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-5.6-2-x86_64/bin/wine /home/REMOVED/.cache/lutris/installer/world-of-warcraft/setup/Battle.net-Setup-enUS.exe
Initial process has started with pid 27295
Game is considered started.
000b:fixme:winediag:__wine_start_process Wine TkG 5.6 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
0009:fixme:heap:RtlSetHeapInformation (nil) 1 (nil) 0 stub
0031:fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_IGNORE_OFFLINE: STUB
0039:fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_IGNORE_OFFLINE: STUB
003e:fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x141ff0c (nil)): stub
Initial process has exited.
0054:fixme:kernelbase:AppPolicyGetThreadInitializationType FFFFFFFA, 0126FF10
007d:err:ole:CoCreateInstanceEx apartment not initialised
007d:fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x32fe84 (nil)): stub
007f:fixme:wbemprox:wbem_locator_ConnectServer unsupported flags
007f:fixme:wbemprox:client_security_SetBlanket F7BAFC84, 00ECE378, 10, 0, (null), 3, 3, 00000000, 0x00000000
007f:fixme:wbemprox:client_security_Release F7BAFC84
007f:fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
007f:fixme:wbemprox:enum_class_object_Next timeout not supported
0084:fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x210ff0c (nil)): stub
007f:err:winediag:load_dxvk_config Couldn't load dxvk_config.dll, won't apply default DXVK config options
007f:fixme:ole:CoInitializeSecurity (00000000,-1,00000000,00000000,0,3,00000000,0,00000000) - stub!
007f:fixme:wbemprox:client_security_SetBlanket F7BAFC84, 022580C0, 10, 0, (null), 3, 3, 00000000, 0x00000000
007f:fixme:wbemprox:client_security_Release F7BAFC84
0098:fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
0098:fixme:toolhelp:Heap32ListFirst : stub
0085:fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 4004747b (device=4004 access=1 func=d1e method=3)
0085:fixme:winsock:server_ioctl_sock Unsupported ioctl 4004747b (device=4004 access=1 func=d1e method=3)
0085:fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl unsupported WS_IOCTL cmd (_IOR('t', 123, 4))
0085:fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 4004747b (device=4004 access=1 func=d1e method=3)
0085:fixme:winsock:server_ioctl_sock Unsupported ioctl 4004747b (device=4004 access=1 func=d1e method=3)
0085:fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl unsupported WS_IOCTL cmd (_IOR('t', 123, 4))
0085:fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 4004747b (device=4004 access=1 func=d1e method=3)
0085:fixme:winsock:server_ioctl_sock Unsupported ioctl 4004747b (device=4004 access=1 func=d1e method=3)
0085:fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl unsupported WS_IOCTL cmd (_IOR('t', 123, 4))

And the battle net app shows as:

I tried the standalone battle net application but that failed after 78%.

I’m not sure what is going wrong and some pointers would be much appreciated. If you need me to try something or need more logs please let me know.

I couldnt add all the links in my opening post: https://github.com/lutris/docs/blob/master/WineDependencies.md

Probably not the reply you were looking for, but I am having the exact same problem with pop_os!

Have been trying for a while to find a solution but so far nothing…

Just out of interest, what hardware do you have?

I tried a clean install of Manjaro too and am still getting the same errors (with all dependencies), so I’m starting to think that it may be related to my hardware setup.

I’m running a GTX970 and Ryzen 1700.

Sorry for the late reply.

GTX 1650 and i7-9750H

Running on pop_os 20.04. For now I gave up and going for a clean install in a few weeks when I have a few days off and getting my new ssd.

If will post results then

It wouldn’t be to either of those as the 970 supports vulkan and the cpu is fine. More likely you have some software configuration issue.

The log from the OP doesn’t really clearly explain the issue however if you have the same exact log minus the computer specific text. fixme’s and err’s can both cause a failure depending on the code and its possible for a failure not to even be in the log.

I can tell you that it installs fine here so it is working and should thus a problem with your configuration/distro. I’m also not sure what you’re missing though.

OP log looks to be missing internet html results.

Maybe possible there’s a bug with the “0039:fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_IGNORE_OFFLINE: STUB” on your distro maybe but too difficult to say. This was added in Wine 5.5 so you could try an earlier version of Wine and see if that works.

Looks more like an internet problem with wine and the rest of the log matches up to mine that works.

Thank you for your suggestion. Next week I’m going to do the wipe and try it out :slight_smile: