Battlefield 4 Kicked because of missing ping "-"

Hi, I’m trying to play Battlefield 4 on Manjaro with Lutris. The game seems to be working, but I’m getting kicked after a short while because of a “missing ping” when playing. On my scoreboard it even shows my ping as “-”. I’ve looked around and some people said that I had to use commands that look something like this:

sudo setcap cap_net_raw+epi path/to/wine-preloader
sudo setcap cap_net_raw+epi path/to/wine64-preloader
sudo setcap cap_net_raw+epi path/to/wineserver

However I also encountered a post that told someone to run whereis wine | grep wine, which meant that a different versions of the commands above had to be used, depending on the output. I don’t really know what to make out of this. Can someone help me resolve this issue?

The output for the whereis wine | grep wine command was:

wine: /usr/bin/wine /usr/lib/wine /usr/include/wine /usr/share/wine /usr/share/man/man1/wine.1.gz

Running the following commands didn’t do the trick:

sudo setcap cap_net_raw+epi /usr/bin/wine-preloader
sudo setcap cap_net_raw+epi /usr/bin/wineserver
sudo setcap cap_net_raw+epi /usr/bin/wine64-preloader

I’m having this same issue on Ubuntu 20.10. Did you ever find a solution?

Not sure if you ever found the solution for this but for anyone looking try using lutris-jedi-4.20

I wasn’t on my computer for quite a while and I know this thread is old, but I thought I might still post the solution since many people seem to have the same problem. My mistake was to point to the wrong runner that Lutris was using at the time. Apparently not issuing the setcap command for the specific runner that Lutris is using will cause ICMP problems for this specific wine runner, thus the server will kick you after a while. The solution for me was to simply use a different runner in Lutris and point the 3 setcap commands to the runner version Lutris was using for the game.