Battlefield 4 crash on startup

Hello. I’m trying to install and run Battlefield 4 through Lutris, but I have not yet managed to get in game. I used the latest Lutris installer, and I am running KDE Neon.

Origin installs and starts fine, and downloads Battlefield 4 as expected. However, when I attempt to hit play, the play button greys out, Origin minimizes itself on the virtual desktop, and then origin reappears.

I ran Lutris from a terminal window, and here is the output I got from that: https://pastebin.com/FzNiegq4

At the bottom is this output:

wine: Unhandled page fault on write access to 0x7b423d90 at address 0x7b423d90 (thread 01a6), starting debugger...
wine: Unhandled page fault on write access to 0x7b423d90 at address 0x7b423d90 (thread 01d4), starting debugger...
wine: Unhandled page fault on write access to 0x7b423d90 at address 0x7b423d90 (thread 0090), starting debugger...

I attempted to start Battlefield 4 three times. Each time I did, one of these appeared in the terminal window.

Please let me know if there’s a way I can get this game running on my system. If there’s any other info that would be helpful, I’ll be happy to provide it.

First try disabling Origin In-Game in Origin’s Application settings.

Was this done with a lutris install script or did you create a manual game?

1 Like

Enable output debugging under runner options and rerun BF3. Post the log here.

1 Like

This was done with a lutris install script and not a manual installation.

Just last night I removed BF4 from my hard drive, as I have very limited hard drive space. I’ll re-download it over the next day or so and give these two suggestions a shot, thanks for the responses.