Battle.net logs in but is not connected

First off, I’m new to Lutris, and I’m new to Linux in general, and I’m kinda lost, here.

That being said, I installed lutris, installed the BattleNet launcher after making sure I had all the prerequistes (wine dependencies, vulkan drivers, ext4 drive system and not NTFS, etc.), the launcher does open, it does recognise my account, I can install the games and I can launch them, but the launcher cannot log me in (see screenshot below), and the game I want to play (diablo 2 resurrected) forces me to be conected if I want to play.
I’ve read on other threads that I should directly use the game’s installation script provided by Lutris, and not the BattleNet launcher, two issues with this, the first and most important, the game came out less than a week ago (I’m writing this on 28th september 2021) and there doesn’t seem to be any installation script for it, the game appears on the Lutris app if I search for “diablo” under the Sources > Lutris tab, but doesn’t let me install it, and if I search for “diablo” on the lutris web site, the game doesn’t appear as supported. Second issue, even if it was supported and I could install the game through game pecific installation script, would that let me play with the characters I have in my BattleNet account and let me play online?
Anyways, the problem does not come from the game itself, it’s the launcher that doesn’t connect to my account.

For info:
OS - Manjaro
desktop environment - xfce
gpu - GTX 960M
CPU - intel core i7 7thGen

For more info, ask me and if it’s not really evident, plz tell me how to get said info, chances are I have no clue T^T.

Thanks in advance!

Try using the most recent World of Warcraft script to install Battle.Net. After all the battle.net updates are applied etc, launch the new battle.net to see if you can log in. Also check what runner your are using - make sure it is the latest one available. If you can log-in, use the locate game button in battle.net to point to your existing Diablo install folder in its prefix folders.

Hi, sorry it took me a while to get back to you, I tried using the WoW script from the site, at some point there’s some sort of a terminal showing the installation logs and above it there’s a message that says “Do not try to log into Battle.net, just close the Battle.Net login window when appearing. After Lutris installer is finished, you can start Blizzard App with “Launch the game”, and install / locate your Blizzard game.”, as soon as the BattleNet window pops up I click the x button to close it and it says “Cleaning up” but it doesn’t close, and after a while the terminal gets stuck in a loop and only sends this message every two or three minutes:

0110:fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_IGNORE_OFFLINE: STUB
0118:err:wininet:open_http_connection create_netconn failed: 12029
0110:fixme:wininet:InternetSetOptionW Option INTERNET_OPTION_IGNORE_OFFLINE: STUB
0118:err:wininet:open_http_connection create_netconn failed: 12029

But I think the issue comes from the Lutris app directly, I tried installing the windows version of steam and it does not let me log in because it can’t connect to the internet, so I think it’s the lutris app that can’t connect at all to the internet, and not the BattleNet or Steam apps.

So lets be clear on the process you followed:

1. In Lutris your went to the sources on the left side, selected Lutris and then searched for World of Warcraft. Multiple options present themselves. Select the World of Warcraft (no other wording) installer and launch it.
  2. The installer says it will download the battle.net installer and you select continue to commence the download and install.
  3. At some point in the process, the battle.net installation will complete and you will have 2 battle.net windows, one is the login window, the other is to select which region your account is in. You have to set the region you are in BEFORE you click the x on the battle net login window.
  4. At this point the Lutris installer window will complete some further tasks before giving the option to create a desktop short cut etc.

Is this what you were able to see?

1 Like