Assert Failure when downloading Twitch

When attempting to download https://lutris.net/games/twitch-app/ I have encountered a few errors.

Screenshot%20from%202018-11-23%2012-33-25

Another error:

Game executable not found in /media/christopher/Entertainment/Games/twitch-app/drive_c/users/$USER/Application Data/Twitch/Bin/Twitch.exe

System Information:

Processor: AMD® Athlon™ x4 760k quad core processor × 4
Graphics: AMD® Radeon hd 7800 series
GNOME: 3.28.2
OS Type: 64 Bit Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
Lutris version: 0.4.23

Other information:

World of Warcraft runs fine at optimal video settings.

I gave up on Twitch with wine.
I got the same error about the the .exe not found.

I have just resigned myself to booting into win7 once a day to check for WoW addon updates then revert back to my systemd-free linux distro.
I miss the days before lonely people overran the net with their social media integration with everything and I could have a cron job to wget my WoW addons and install them automatically while I sleep.

Side note: For Slackware users: the Esync limits go into /sbin/initscripts (there is an /sbin/initscript.sample installed for users to edit and rename.

I’m sorry you had to give up on Twitch. I hope there is a solution to this problem. At least I’m not the only one who has this issue.

One of the reasons why I switched to Linux was because of it’s no-cost aspect, so buying a Windows 7 key to update add-ons seems like an expensive solution to an easy fix.

Oh win7 came preinstalled on this harddrive when I bought it. :slight_smile:
It makes things easier at times, but I wouldn’t purchase it for the same political reasons as I wouldn’t install ubuntu. But that is me and totally another topic.

My Win7 has Bash, vcxsrv , Xming . :slight_smile: & ext2 to see my Linux partitions.