Back to the main site

Anybody got Dauntless working?

So, the game used to be playable on Closed Beta, but now with Open Beta it seems that they released an update that forces the game to be opened from the Patcher, which doesn’t seem to play well with WINE (dotnet requirements).

If anybody finds a workaround, please let us know!

More info:

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=18481

Someone on winehq appdb got it working. Ill make an install script for it

EDIT: or i would…but when i try to add the game it says its in the DB but when i search for it its not there

Thanks! I don’t know how you found it though lol

I’ll make a installer script for it soon.

Edit: oh he’s a mod, that’s how xP

https://lutris.net/games/?q=dauntless&unpublished-filter=on

If you don’t find a game by searching normally add the “show unpublished” filter.

Yeah I tried that, even went through pages looking for it and tried to use different filters to find it. I don’t want to derail the thread too much so I’ll just leave it at it not showing up easily. Had a similar problem with no man’s sky and if I typed in the full game title nothing came up.

go ahead and check out the Dauntless page. I have an installer script finally done so you/others can play some dauntless. Thanks to TK-Glitch the guy who made the original wineHQ guide

getting this error:

TypeError(“wineexec() got an unexpected keyword argument ‘silent’”)

They might not have approved the final draft I submitted yet, that’s from like 30 versions ago lol

Edit: yeah sorry, give it some time for a mod to approve it and it’ll be updated. You can also click
“Edit installer” and scroll down to click “test this installer” to use the latest one for now but it shouldn’t be too long too it’s updated

Ok, the installer should now be up to date and working.

Follow the installer directions exactly and don’t just click through. They’re there for a reason as things have to be installed in a specific order to work and it’ll ask for user input twice to confirm a section of the installer has finished.