Amazon Games Launcher crashing shortly after launch

Hi! I’ve tried to install the Amazon Games Launcher through Lutris, but the installer hangs at 99% and never finishes. After that, I’ve created a new wine prefix, installed all dependencies listed in the installer (Amazon Games App - Lutris), added the registry key and json file mentioned there and then launched it. With DXVK enabled, I only get a black screen, but without it, I see the login prompt (looks fine). However, the process exits every time after a few seconds. In the logs I see this error:

0258:fixme:ntdll:EtwEventSetInformation (deadbeef, 2, 02D5C900, 51) stub
02a8:fixme:advapi:RegisterEventSourceW ((null),L".NET Runtime"): stub
02a8:fixme:advapi:ReportEventW (CAFE4242,0x0001,0x0000,0x000003ff,00000000,0x0001,0x00000000,006AFE2C,00000000): stub
02a8:err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"Description: A .NET Core application failed.\nApplication: CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe\nPath: C:\\users\\remrot\\AppData\\Local\\Amazon Games\\App\\Amazon Games Services\\CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe\nMessage: Cannot use file stream for [C:\\users\\remrot\\AppData\\Local\\Amazon Game"...
02a8:fixme:advapi:DeregisterEventSource (CAFE4242) stub
02a8:fixme:kernelbase:AppPolicyGetProcessTerminationMethod FFFFFFFA, 006AFEB0
00fc:fixme:kernelbase:AppPolicyGetProcessTerminationMethod FFFFFFFA, 0076FEAC
Monitored process exited.
Initial process has exited (return code: 0)
All monitored processes have exited.
Exit with returncode 0

Can anybody help me getting this to work?

GPU: NVidia GTX970 (with 470.xx drivers)
Lutris: 0.5.8.4
Runners: lutris-6.14 / lutris-ge-6.14-2 / lutris-fshack-6.14 / lutris-fshack-6.13 (makes no difference)

I installed, but the app closes as soon as it begins. Generally it lasts 30 seconds. Does someone has a workaround?

2 Likes

Same here, I manage to log in but it closes after 30 secs

Same here on EndevourOS with nvidia laptop.

same issue.
Any news?

1 Like

Same for me in linux mint.

1 Like

Glad it’s not just me. Considering Amazon use Linux so extensively in their operations, they do seem to go out of their way to make things not work for penguinistas!

Or maybe I’m just paranoid … who said that?!

:slight_smile:

Hi
I also think so a bit, but you don’t have to get paranoid, maybe it will change someday. :slight_smile:

I won’t hold my breath :stuck_out_tongue:

No, you’re not paranoid. Everyone really is out to get you and sabotaging everything you try to do. They told me so :slight_smile:

1 Like

Once you’ve downloaded Lutris through the Discover store, open it up and click on the symbol to the right of the search bar of three horizontal lines, which brings up a menu, then click preferences, and sources, and then enable Amazon games there. Don’t try installing Amazon games as its own app; it just crashes after 30 seconds.