Using RUNAS with Lutris

I’m trying to setup fivem in Lutris. This requires me to use “wine runas /trustlevel:0x20000” to start it as a Normal User(giving an error otherwise because it doesn’t support admin). My Problem is that I see no way to implement this in lutris. Is there a way to do this or any other way to use wine as a Normal User? Thanks.

1 Like

I also couldn’t figure out how to add a runas to run an installer as a regular user instead of full admin. Doesn’t seem to be a way to add command line arguments to wine rather than the windows app.

Since this is the only thread discussing this, just wanted to post an update.

Played around with a few things, and because of how runas works, it is actually an executable in the wine prefix.

So I:

• Set my “Executable” under “Game Options” to the location of runas.exe (which likely is

<Game Directory>/drive_c/windows/system32/runas.exe)

• Set my “Arguments” to either
  1. Use the Absolute DOS Path to the game executable (in DOS Path format, i.e. “C:\Program Files\My_Program\My_EXE.exe”):

/trustlevel:0x20000 <DOS Path to Game Executable>

1. Set the “Working Directory” to the folder containing the Game Executable (using either the file picker or using Bash Path format, ie /home/My_User/…/<Game Directory>) and then the “Arguments” to:

/trustlevel:0x20000 <Game Executable>

Note, the path for the game executable needs to be in DOS format, i.e. "C:\Program Files\My_Program\My_EXE.exe"

Just an FYI, if you receive the something like the following error:

0009:err:module:__wine_process_init L"C:\windows\system32\runas.exe" not found

double check that it is included with the wine version you set the prefix up with, ie this used to be only in wine-staging, can’t recall if this is still the case.