Did you try following these steps on APPDB in the Workaround section? https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=35777
Yes, I did. Actually, the lutris installer already does this.
Eventually, I tried other builds of wine and proton, I actually got it to work now.
I used ge-protonified-4.9 and got it to run and play!
Not sure why, but ge-protonified-4.10 doesn’t work but ge-protonified-4.9 does.
Other builds that didn’t work was lutris-experimental-4.10, ge-protonified-4.10 and 4.8 (all of these resulted into immediate crash), tkg-protonified-4.6, tkg-ffxiv-4.6 and tkg-feffe-ffxiv-4.6 (all of these resulted into DX11 crash)
Problem has been solved now. I just hope ge-protonified-4.11 solves this when I update launchers.
Solution: Use ge-protonified-4.9 instead of 4.10
Wow! I’m so glad you solved it!
Sometimes updates bring regressions. If you check some Valve Proton patch notes, it happens every once in a while (and they’re usually patched right after). It does require them some time to check for bug reports in their vast library of games.
All in all, stick to a version that works, experiment something new to see if the regression was solved, if not, fall back.
Thanks soo much for the support and help! Couldn’t have figured it out if I wasn’t pointed to places where I wouldn’t check.