Overwatch not starting

Hello there,

I installed Overwatch with the official launcher and tried to run it. But when I click play in the battle.net launcher, it fails on a general Error.

Logs:
lutris-wrapper: Overwatch Running /home/maxb/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/lutris-6.0-x86_64/bin/wine /home/maxb/Games/overwatch/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Battle.net/Battle.net.exe --exec=launch Pro Initial process has started with pid 73526 Start monitoring process. esync: up and running. MESA-INTEL: warning: Performance support disabled, consider sysctl dev.i915.perf_stream_paranoid=0

MESA-INTEL: warning: Performance support disabled, consider sysctl dev.i915.perf_stream_paranoid=0

[0320/204355.037:ERROR:network_change_notifier_win.cc(142)] WSALookupServiceBegin failed with: 0
MESA-INTEL: warning: Performance support disabled, consider sysctl dev.i915.perf_stream_paranoid=0

info:  Game: Battle.net.exe
info:  DXVK: v1.7.2-5-g13052d49
info:  Found config file: /home/maxb/Games/overwatch/dxvk.conf
info:  Effective configuration:
info:    dxgi.nvapiHack = False
info:  Built-in extension providers:
info:    Win32 WSI
info:    OpenVR
warn:  OpenVR: Failed to locate module
info:  Enabled instance extensions:
info:    VK_KHR_get_surface_capabilities2
info:    VK_KHR_surface
info:    VK_KHR_win32_surface

info:  Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 (SKL GT2):
info:    Driver: 20.3.4
info:    Vulkan: 1.2.145
info:    Memory Heap[0]: 
info:      Size: 11919 MiB
info:      Flags: 0x1
info:      Memory Type[0]: Property Flags = 0xf
info:  Adapter LUID 0: 0:42f
[0320/204355.969:ERROR:dxva_video_decode_accelerator_win.cc(1397)] DXVAVDA fatal error: could not LoadLibrary: msmpeg2vdec.dll: Modul nicht gefunden. (0x7E)
[0320/204355.972:ERROR:dxva_video_decode_accelerator_win.cc(1405)] DXVAVDA fatal error: could not LoadLibrary: msvproc.dll: Modul nicht gefunden. (0x7E)
[0320/204357.005:ERROR:network_change_notifier_win.cc(142)] WSALookupServiceBegin failed with: 0

MESA-INTEL: error: ../mesa-20.3.4/src/intel/vulkan/anv_device.c:3313: GPU hung on one of our command buffers (VK_ERROR_DEVICE_LOST)
Initial process has exited (return code: 0)

As I am new to Lutris/Wine, i wanted to ask for help how to troubleshoot this. Can anybody give me a hint what to do here?

I don’t believe Intel HD graphics are supported?

The game doesn’t work on integrated GPU on Linux without manually editing settings file, it crashes with “General Error” error when you try to launch it.

To fix that, It’s necessary to get fully configured Settings_v0.ini (for the same iGPU as you have) file from somewhere (i got it from my Windows partition as i played the game there) and copy [GPU.6] section from it into our new Settings_v0.ini file. You can copy-paste whole content of the file if you want, but actually only [GPU.6] section is required.

source:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S79On2lX0Y

i dont have intelgraphic myself cant test

Hi Alex,
thanks for your reply. I already created the Settings.ini as said in the instructions. A similar Thread stated, that this is a recent bug in mesa: Overwatch "General Error" E0010180 on Intel HD 620
Best regards,
Maxnet

1 Like