How to run games from commandline from winesteam?

I’m trying to make a new installer, and it’d help if I could see some error messages; so how can one run the wine from lutris and it’s own drive_c and configs (i.e. $lutris_wine ./steamgame.exe)

If you just want to see the wine error messages, you can enable WINEDEBUG in the runner options then see the output in the Game menu > View last game log.

If you want to test stuff from the command line, you can get the command launched by lutris when you run lutris with the debug logs enabled (lutris -dv), you’ll need to set the value of WINEPREFIX, WINEARCH and use lutris’ wine version.

Here’s an example of what you’ll get:
DEBUG 2016-08-18 16:39:08,054 [thread]:Command env: LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/home/strider/.local/share/lutris/runtime/lib32:/home/strider/.local/share/lutris/runtime/steam/i386/lib/i386-linux-gnu:/home/strider/.local/share/lutris/runtime/steam/i386/lib:/home/strider/.local/share/lutris/runtime/steam/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu:/home/strider/.local/share/lutris/runtime/steam/i386/usr/lib:/home/strider/.local/share/lutris/runtime/lib64:/home/strider/.local/share/lutris/runtime/steam/amd64/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:/home/strider/.local/share/lutris/runtime/steam/amd64/lib:/home/strider/.local/share/lutris/runtime/steam/amd64/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:/home/strider/.local/share/lutris/runtime/steam/amd64/usr/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" WINEARCH="win32" STEAM_RUNTIME="/home/strider/.local/share/lutris/runtime/steam" WINEPREFIX="/home/strider/Games/giants-citizen-kabuto" WINEDEBUG="-all" DEBUG 2016-08-18 16:39:08,054 [thread]:Running command: "/home/strider/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/1.4.1-i386/bin/wine" "/home/strider/Games/giants-citizen-kabuto/drive_c/GOG Games/Giants - Citizen Kabuto/Giants.exe"

that’s just it, how do you run the lutris’ wine version from command line

Run something like:

export WINEPREFIX=/home/strider/Games/giants-citizen-kabuto/
export WINEARCH=win32

/home/strider/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/1.4.1-i386/bin/wine your.exe

just made a quick shell script (because i’m lazy)

#!/bin/bash

export WINEV=$(ls $HOME/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine | awk -F/ {‘print$NF’})
export WINEPREFIX="$(pwd)/$1"
export WINEARCH=win32
export WINES="$HOME/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/$WINEV/bin/wine"

$WINES “$2.exe”

to run:
[script name] “directory” program

not 100% working, but it’s a work in progress…

Computers, the field where you praise lazy people and judge those who mindlessly run the same tasks over and over.

This is what I use to test Doom every 2 weeks btw: