I could fix it in my case. Here’s what I did:
- Go to: https://lutris.net/games/guild-wars-2/
- Select the drop down arrow next to the “Install” button
- Right mouse button over “Download Script”
- Select the destination
- Now here’s the tricky thing, once you’ve downloaded the script, (I think it’s not necessary to do both, but I did just in case) you have to edit the text → lutris-GE-Proton7-1-x86_64 and replace it exactly for → lutris-7.2-2-x86_64 after that just save the file
- Be aware that’s 7.2-2 not 7.2
- Open Lutris
- Top-left button → +
- Install from a local install script → Select your saved script
- Follow the installer steps
After some testing, neither the current version stated on the script by default nor 7.2 work with Gw2, don’t know why. For me it worked when I used the version 7.2-2.
As for the frozen launcher, it’s a bit tricky but it should work. Try not to mess a lot with it. I don’t know the reason either but it’s been a thing since a while ago.
I hope it works for you guys!
Edit: (a small thing I noticed is, if you enable virtual desktop, the launcher stops hanging, however I’m not sure if it can generate some kind of performance issue) (I also found the launcher works without issues using KDE, for some reason it only hangs on Gnome)