Final Fantasy 14 won't start after latest update (DXVK)

I think I screwed up the compilation, enabled ffxiv patch and dxvk through the config file and installed it under the lutris runners/wine dir but winecfg hangs indefinitely.

Anything I might have missed?

sounds like the same problem I had, have a look at this

So what is the fix for this? Do we have to wait for Lutris to update their code to include a new runner that works without hard links if we don’t have Arch linux and can’t use makepkg? I mean Lutris has to have some way they build these runners where it doesn’t have hard coded libraries right?

Update: I’m working on trying to make a non-locked in build right now. Installed Manjaro on a virtual machine and am building.

I’ve been using the docker approach I found by following some links, ultimately indirectly form this thread, I don’t remember which path lead me down this rabbit hole. =)

Close but no cigar, I’ve never used Arch before, and also I’m a .NET stack developer, so I’m probably just doing something dumb. But the build script wants to run, just the package manager isn’t able to resolve the following dependencies.

==> Making package: wine-tkg-staging-esync-marchopt-git 4.6.r16.gf883c66e-155 (Thu 25 Apr 2019 04:35:18 PM UTC)
==> Checking runtime dependencies…
==> Installing missing dependencies…
error: target not found: lib32-attr
error: target not found: lib32-fontconfig
error: target not found: lib32-lcms2
error: target not found: lib32-libxml2
error: target not found: lib32-libxcursor
error: target not found: lib32-libxrandr
error: target not found: lib32-libxdamage
error: target not found: lib32-libxi
error: target not found: lib32-gettext
error: target not found: lib32-freetype2
error: target not found: lib32-glu
error: target not found: lib32-libsm
error: target not found: lib32-libpcap
==> ERROR: ‘pacman’ failed to install missing dependencies.
-> Removed BIG_UGLY_FROGMINER - Ribbit
-> Removed Proton-tkg token - Valve Ribbit
-> exit cleanup done

Maybe you’d have more luck?

EDIT That was just me being dumb. In the pacman.conf file, I uncommented the Include line for multilib, but didn’t uncomment the section for it. It’s downloading build packages now.

So for what it’s worth I did build but I’m having issues with portability
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cErxx8wOHUNhYdlgqz5TC6gc-oFY_MX9

So if you extract all these files to your ROOT folder (not your home folder) - and make sure the files are put in the ~/home/ajs7477/.local folder (NOT YOUR USER FOLDER), and create a folder with my user account, you will be able to at least get the first part of dependencies solved. Yeah yeah you will have my user as a user in your home folder but that’s a small price to pay to get this game working I guess.

The next issue comes because on Manjaro Linux I had GLIBC v2.28 but on Ubuntu, I have v2.27 - so I get this error:

wine: failed to initialize: /lib32/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.28’ not found (required by /home/astump/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/wine-tkg-staging-esync-dxvk-marchopt-lutris-git-4.6.r9.ga0708adf/lib32/wine/ntdll.dll.so)

Troubleshooting this now.

ADDENDUM

I used this “hack” to sudo mkdir /home/petsnew; sudo chown astump /home/petsnew, and copy the data from the runner into that folder that I had issues with earlier.

Now I get this error:

Running /home/astump/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/tkg-4.0-x86_64/bin/wine /home/petsnew/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine/wine-tkg-staging-esync-dxvk-marchopt-lutris-git-4.6.r9.ga0708adf/bin/wine
wine: configuration in ‘/home/astump/Games/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn’ has been updated.
wine: Bad EXE format for Z:\home\petsnew.local\share\lutris\runners\wine\wine-tkg-staging-esync-dxvk-marchopt-lutris-git-4.6.r9.ga0708adf\bin\wine…
Waiting on children
All children gone
Exit with returncode 193

FYI mega.nz appears to have deleted those files. And/or they were removed.

I just built one using a copy of the buildbot environment, mind trying it out?
https://files.feffe.it/wine-tkg-ffxiv-feffe-4.6-1.8-x86_64.tar.gz

4 Likes

That works! AWESOMESAUCE!

Nice :slight_smile: glad that’s sorted

Thanks for this! I just managed to build it myself, but I’ll try using something confirmed working =)

EDIT Confirmed this works for me as well! which is good, It kind of sucks though because I botched my install being impatient. But that appears only to be a problem because I’m impatient… apparently. =)

Been following this since it started and tried every option posted, and even running through steam. This is the first to fully work. Thank you for your time. To anyone wondering, this DOES work.

feffe’s build does work. Just extract it into the /home/username/.local/share/lutris/runners/wine folder and switch to it in the config. Thanks feffe!

Dope feffe’s build works, and the required ‘hide wine version’ option is preset.

Thank you feffe, I just tested your build, works very good.

this fixed the launcher for me but when i go to launch the actual game i get multiple ffxiv dx11 errors. i’ve reinstalled multiple times no fix, DXVK is definitely enabled. can anybody help me out?

I have same problem, the launcher is working, but I get an black screen after select a server. Wine Tkg 4.7 version has a patch for this?

OP here. While all this was going down, I wiped my machine for other reasons and reinstalled Ubuntu 18.04. (Was on 18.10 when I initially started this. Turns out stuff I use is unsupported in 18.10, so I had to downgrade) I’ve been trying to run the installer on the Lutris website, since it looks like it was updated fairly recently. Unfortunately, it seems to fail to run. I can’t quite see the text (It disappears too quickly) but it seems to be saying something about running as 64 bit but needing the 32 bit flavor. Once it’s completed, it says the executable files can’t be found. Checking the install folder, there isn’t anything in the Program Files directory, and I don’t know where to find the log files.

I still have my files from 18.10 backed up; can I just drop them in the directory, then use the compiled Wine files from above? (I also have a Windows install of FFXIV which is up to date; would that work as well?)

are you using feffe’s custom wine? i cant even get to char select. after i click launch game i just get a black screen then dx11 errors

I just tested, it launched ok.
Ubuntu 19.04
Nvidia
feffe’s wine tkg-4.6

Please post your logs when you ask for support.