Back to the main site

Battle.net.exe can't be found

Hi,
I’m having a problem when I try to install Overwatch. At the end of the installation, the Lutris client give me this message :

The executable at path /home/bescherelle/Games/overwatch/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Battle.net/Battle.net.exe can’t be found, please check the destination folder.
Some parts of the installation process may have not completed successfully.

First, i’m using Debian 9.9 stretch, my kernel is x86_64 Linux 4.9.0-9-amd64, i have 8 GB of RAM, my processor is an AMD FX 6300 and my graphic card a Geforce GTX 1050. My GPU driver is 390.116, which support Vulkan.

Here the terminal during the installation :
https://pastebin.com/UBBB9vKu

Can someone help me please ?
Thanks.

@MrAshitaka I don’t know for sure, but I think when using the latest version of Lutris you needed to use at least 4.18 Nividia drivers. I based this on the fact I can’t run Lutris right know because of my graphic card doesn’t support any Nividia driver newer than 390.1. What I would do is see if you can upgrade your graphic card driver to at least 418. I wouldn’t use the Nividia drivers from Nividia web site. I would see if you can upgrade the drivers designed for your distro. For example, I use Linux Mint and I tried to upgrade using the software manager for Linux Mint; but because I have a 670 M and not the 670 MX there wasn’t a newer driver available for my graphic card.

I’m seeing the same issue:
“Game executable not found in /home/xxx/Games/world-of- warcraft190724/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Battle.net/Battle.net.exe”

and I’m on AMD. So no nVidia issue.

I tried reinstalling but the installer hangs with not finding Battle.net.exe - no wonder because the installer failed without even creating the necessary directories. I’ve already had this error about 4 weeks ago but at the time there was an unpublished installer version that worked but vanished. Please re-upload that version!

Now it was replaced by a script to install software for a spanish private server. This version really needs to be removed because it tries to download an executable from an obscure one-drive-account. There seems to be no way to report a suspicious insteller. (Correction: I found the report button.)

I had the same problem, and it turned out I just needed to install the proper dependencies.

Link to official Github

This is about the 10th time I’m re-installing battlenet on the same system and the second time I’m seeing that error - so no, no missing dependencies. And, as I said, there was an unpublished working script, but it got removed.

Hi, thanks for all of your replies.

I updated my NVIDIA driver from 390.116 to 430.40.
I installed all dependencies from the official Github but I still get the same error.

This is the terminal : https://pastebin.com/Km2jhKLs

I still don’t understand…

Please help me.